To guide the implementation of youth strategies for City of Newcastle and to raise awareness of youth issues.
Objectives and Responsibilities
The objective of the Committee is to seek to engage young people in Local Government and to provide advice to the City regarding youth issues in Newcastle’s LGA.
The responsibilities of the Committee are as follows:
- Engage young people in Local Government
- Raise awareness of youth issues
- Allocate Youth Week grants as per Council's Youth Week Grant Policy
- Assist the City to prepare applications for youth related grants
- Guide implementation of the Newcastle 2030 Community Strategic Plan
- Support the City in a manner that is consistent with our organisational values and decisions of Council.
Download the Newcastle Youth Council Volunteer Position Description (DOC)
The Committee will be constituted by the following membership with voting rights:
- At least one Councillor Member, to a maximum of three
- Youth Members (up to fifteen in total) aged 15-25.
Membership applications are always welcomed. To apply to become a member please visit Newcastle Youth Council
Newcastle Youth Council currently has 15 members.