City of Newcastle will occasionally need to treat pests on public land. Pests on private land are not investigated by Council unless it is an overgrown/unmaintained block causing a vermin issue. This is then investigated by Regulatory Services.
Pest and Weed officers are available to meet face to face (on site) or offer advice and identify all types of pest problems reported by residents, but will not recommend specific pest companies to carry out treatments, so as to avoid conflict of interests.